If it’s in your mind, it’s now in your hands. Our reimagined DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine tailors the sewing experience around your wants and needs through a Tablet-like screen, WiFi, 120 Step-by-step animated and illustrated tutorials, and much, much more. The result is a brand new sewing experience where your own creative exploration can come to life in special ways.
EPIC QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
(Click below to download)
Take a minute and get to know the Designer EPIC with the great videos below! Have questions? We have answers. Give us a call or come by for more info!
JoyOS Advisor™ Feature
Select fabric type and get a wide selection of available sewing techniques, from basic to detailed sewing. JoyOS Advisor™ feature will instantly set the best stitch, stitch width, stitch length, thread tension /portioning and presser foot pressure for the technique you’ve chosen. Animations and illustrations will also assist you and provide expert advice right on the screen.
mySewnet™ services cloud allows easy access to embroideries from multiple devices, including your computer, tablet or DESIGNER EPIC™ machine. They will always be synchronized and available whenever you need them via WiFi. The free App – mySewMonitor – provides you with real time updates on the status of your embroidery even when you’re away from your DESIGNER EPIC™.
Market’s largest display with capacitive touch, 10.1”. Easy to navigate through various screens using multi-touch gestures. First and only brand with interactive tablet-like screen. Drag and drop on screen, zoom, rotate, pinch, swipe and spread, just like on any tablet or smartphone.
Large Working Area
Our largest embroidery area ever! Even more generous sewing area!. There are no limits to your larger than life projects, quilts home dec projects or fashion. Embroider up to 360x260mm, non turnable*. Largest sewing area, more than 12” x 5 1/2” (310x140mm) work area.
*With the optional DESIGNER™ Majestic Hoop you can create and embroider designs up to 360x350mm without re-hooping.
• 651 designs included
• 8 multi-size embroidery fonts
• Design appliqué
• Design shaping
• Design positioning
• Selective/Automatic Thread Cutter with Automatic Jump Stitch Trim
• Embroidery customize on screen
• Color block sort – eliminate color changes with a touch
• Color block merge – eliminate color stops in large or combined designs
• Grouping of designs – create a group of selected designs on screen for editing
• Smart save – remembers your edits and placement in embroidery edit and embroidery stitch-out
• Possibility to embroider buttonholes in the hoop
• Undo/redo when creating design combinations
• Change design stitch out order
• Tapering in embroidery mode
• Sew decorative stitches in the hoop
• Design-select – select one or many embroideries for editing
• Touch & Hold for easy handling of designs, files and more
• Select designs from thumbnail pictures
• Go to exact embroidery stitch number
• Load and view multi-format designs
• Add grid to screen for placement
• Cursor mark on-screen while embroidering
• Color edit: change design colors, change background color, select monochrome
• Rotate designs: one degree increments
• Baste in hoop, 2 options
• Scale design
• Step though embroidery by color and stitch-by-stitch
• Check size and placement before embroidering
• My Hoops – select hoops you own
• Embroidery unit soft bag included
• Free QuickFont and Embroidery software to download
• mySewnet™ Cloud storage of designs
• Saving designs to USB Embroidery stick
• Included: DESIGNER™ Imperial Hoop 14¼”x10¼” (360x260mm)
• Included: DESIGNER™ Crown Hoop 10¼”x8″ (260x200mm)
• Included: DESIGNER™ Splendid Square Hoop 4¾”x4¾” (120x1200mm)
• Optional: DESIGNER™ Majestic Hoop 14¼”x13¾” (360x350mm) and more than 16 additional hoops
• 807 built-in stitches
• 1294 stitches (including letters, characters etc.)
• Interchangeable dual feed included
• Electronic piercing power, pulsating needle force 150Nw
• Straight stitch plate with sensor
• Stitch width, 7mm
• Side-motion sewing, with stitches up to 54mm
• Taper stitch – choose from 18 different angles
• Directional sewing – 4-way and 8-way
• Possible to sew with embroidery unit attached
• Permanent memories: mySewnet™ Cloud
• Smart save of all sewing settings
• Stitch pattern Re-Start
• 8 Programmable sewing fonts
• 16 Perfectly balanced buttonholes (PBB) with Sensor one-step buttonhole foot
• Stitches on screen, starting point of stitch indicated on screen
• Twin needle setting, the look of the stitch is shown in screen
• 2 Free motion modes: free motion floating and free motion spring action
• Stitch Positioning
• Adjust Stitch; length, width, mirror image side-to-side and end-to-end
• Twin needle and stitch width safety
• Sew with or without foot control
• Light indicates Needle Stop Up/Down
• Fix Tie-Off Function
• Instant and Permanent Reverse
• Stop Function
• Snap on presser feet
• 29 Needle positions
Even More Features
• Illuminated thread area
• Soft textile cover
• Embroidery unit textile bag
• Two USB ports for Embroidery stick
• Automatic Updates through WiFi or Update via USB Embroidery stick
• Quick wind bobbin – separate motor to wind bobbin while sewing or embroidering
• 5 speed settings
• Automatic feed teeth drop
• Double-sided slide-on accessory tray with smart storage solutions
• Top and bobbin thread sensor
• Multiple languages
• Extended dual stitch plate: guidelines up to 65mm on both sides of the needle
• Automatic bobbin thread pick-up
• Jam-proof Rotary Hook
• Permanently lubricated
• Designed and Engineered in Sweden
Features over 650 Embroidery Designs, incorporating 30 specialty techniques. 7 embroidery fonts, each in different sizes, from 10 to 80mm.
Over 1200 stitches, up to 54mm wide. 98 new stitches including Embellished stitches, Single Motif Stitches and Yarn Embellishment Stitches. 19 categories for easy selection. Exclusive patented stitch techniques. 6 sewing alphabets, with both upper and lower case letters, for easy programming.
DESIGNER™ Imperial Hoop (360×260)
DESIGNER™ Crown Hoop (260×200)
DESIGNER™ Splendid Square Hoop (120×120)
Utility Foot A, Decorative Stitch Foot B, Buttonhole Foot C, Blindhem Foot D, Zipper Foot E, Non-Stick Glide Foot H, Edging Foot J, Quilter’s 1/4” Piecing foot P, Sensor Q-foot, Embroidery/Darning Foot R, Side Motion Foot S, Sensor One-Step Buttonhole Foot, Self-Adhesive Glide Plates, Interchangeable Dual Feed
Complimentary Software (PC) to download, Soft cover for machine, Luggage style carrying bag with packing insert for embroidery unit, Foot control, Power cord, Needles, DESIGNER EPIC™ Sampler Book, Thread net (4), Universal tool, Seam ripper, Brush, Edge/Quilting guides, Bobbins (9), Thread cone holder (2), Hoop clips (16), Spool cap, small (2), Spool cap, medium (2), Spool cap, large (2), Large spool holder (2), Multipurpose tool/Button reed, Straight Stitch Plate.
Step-by-step tutorials built-in
With the enhanced JoyOS Advisor™ there’s 120 step-by-step animated and illustrated tutorials so that sewers of all skill levels will accomplish whatever your heart desires, with ease.
Swipe, zoom, pinch, duplicate, and more on the tablet-like screen
The tablet-like screen allows you to experiment and customize your designs however you like, you like for projects that are uniquely yours.
A WiFi connected machine means creativity anywhere
The DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine has smart WiFi functions.
The most advanced embroidery
With the largest embroidery area, the largest turnable and non-turnable hoops, and the JoyOS advisor™ feature, you’ll be able to achieve your creative aspirations.
Made with the quilter in mind
The DESIGNER EPIC™ machine is the largest, brightest, yet lightest machine. And it features the most space to work, the best viewing angles, and more for quilting enthusiasts.
It’s thoughtfully created for you
At HUSQVARNA VIKING® we share your passion for sewing and embroidery. That’s why we thought through every detail – big and small!
The New DESIGNER EPIC™ – a First of Its Kind
At HUSQVARNA VIKING® , we’re only a sewing company…Our sole focus is to put the joy of sewing and unlimited creativity into the enthusiast sewer’s hands.
Expert level results regardless of fabric
You’re unique and you like to express your style… but that requires a machine that’s up to the task. With our patented deLuxe™ Stitch System, the unique EXCLUSIVE SENSOR SYSTEM™ and the new exclusive JoyOS advisor™ feature, the new DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine automatically sets everything for you regardless of how challenging the fabric, stitch, or technique is.
A smart machine with automatic push notifications
When embroidering on the new DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine you will receive instant updates.
Sew as big as you dream
The new HUSQVARNA VIKING® DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine is the largest yet lightest top-of-the-line machine. With over 12.2 inches from needle to arm and 5.5 inches of height!
And with the most evenly distributed bright LED lights plus enhanced viewing angles, you’ll be able to create anything your heart desires day or night…with ease!
Access designs anywhere
Create, store and access your designs from anywhere – with the DESIGNER EPIC™ Sewing & Embroidery machine’s new built-in storage, mySewnet™ cloud.
First Tablet-Like Screen
With HUSQVARNA VIKING® New DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine, you’ll have the first and only interactive tablet-like screen so that you can swipe, pinch, zoom, rotate, or multiply designs easily.
Get guidance every step of the way!
Let the 120 animated and illustrated step-by-step tutorials guide you through any project.
With our DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine’s new JoyOS Advisor™ feature you’ll have the only machine with 143 years of experience right in the machine. With more than 120 animated and illustrated step-by-step tutorial it’s like having sewing classes right in your machine.
Made for Sewers, by Sewers™
That’s why we thought through even the smallest details in our new DESIGNER EPIC™ sewing and embroidery machine.
In combination with the only tablet-like touch screen, the JoyOS advisor™ with unique step-by-step tutorials, the most space, perfect work light, and much more, the DESIGNER EPIC™ machine reimagines the sewing and embroidery experience for all sewers, quilters, crafters, and hobbyists.